GUDUCHI / GILOY KADHA - A NATURAL AMBROSIA
Guduchi a natural Ambrosia!” Such mention is found in Ayurvedic texts about this plant by many sages. One reference is that after the battle of Rama and Ravana, Indra, the king of the gods, revived the vanaras killed by the demons by raining Amrut. Wherever the drops of Amrut fell on the bodies of the revived vanaras, the Guduchi plant grew. Guduchi has a unique significance in Ayurveda. That is why in Ayurveda, Gudhuchi is named as Amrita. As the name implies, this multi-faceted plant is immortal, no matter how low the water level in the soil, it does not dry out. You can grow Guduchi even outside at the terrace balcony or in the garden. The leaves of Guduchi are similar in appearance to the leaves of the edible leaf. Planting it along with the neem tree further enhances the qualities of this plant.
This plant is found everywhere in India. The vine is large in size and fleshy, spreading over large trees or fences. The trunk of this vine is like a long thread and as thick as a finger, and the bark on it is thin and skin-like. After some time, its skin peels off. Small holes are also found on these trunks. The inside of the trunk of this vine looks circular. The green roots of the vine are found splitting and hanging down. The shape of the leaves is heart-shaped and the color is green. The leaves of the vine are smooth on the hands and the stalks are long, the incoming flowers are yellowish-green and come regularly. Fruits are also round, with large but hard shells. The plant usually flowers and bears fruit between November and June.
The heart-shaped leaves of Guduchi are also used as a vegetable. The leaves of Guduchi are also effective for health. The leafy vegetables are healthy in summer days. Vegetables, Parathas made from vegetables are also useful. Vegetables are made from the leaves of Guduchi. This vegetable enhances the Agni in the body, so the digestion function in the body is better. In diabetes, this vegetable is a frequent dietary supplement.
- Fever – it is used in all fever as trusted medicine.
- Immune enhancers – Giloy boosts your body’s immune system. This protects you from colds, coughs, and other illnesses. giloy cleanse your body. It also helps to flush out harmful elements from other parts of the body.
- Helps in Digestion
- Sugar has a desirable effect on the body, so it causes fatigue, in which case this vegetable should be eaten frequently.
- The root cause of skin disorders is often in the blood. This vegetable is useful for reducing vitiligo by eliminating blood impurities.
- Excessive work stress leads to physical fatigue. Guduchi vegetable is useful to remove it
- Stress, anxiety, fear, and an unbalanced diet can have a detrimental effect on your digestion. Giloy has digestive and stress-relieving properties. Which eliminates constipation, gas, and other problems. Its consumption also increases appetite. This will remove the mental stress from your life and make your life enjoyable.
- The boon for diabetes – If you have diabetes, Giloy is a boon for you. This is because guava contains hypoglycemic. Which lowers blood pressure and lipid levels. Regular consumption of Giloy is especially beneficial for patients with type 2 diabetes. Drinking sweetened juice daily reduces sugar.
- In case of cold, fever, etc., boil a piece of Guduchi in water and drink it. This boosts the immune system and therefore useful in frequent colds, fevers, etc. Illnesses are cured.
- Nowadays, after recovering from a viral fever like chikungunya, many patients experience joint pain for months. In such cases, Guduchi kadha is very beneficial.
- In case of cold, cough, and fever in young children, the use of the juice of Guduchi leaves and honey should be given two or three times.
- Also useful in various skin diseases
- Fresh giloy juice / kadha increases blood volume in the body
- In the case of jaundice, take Giloy powder with honey.
- In case of itching of the limbs, apply the juice of giloy on the body to stop the itching
- In case of burning sensation in the limbs, apply the leaves on the feet and hands in the morning and evening.
- Consumption of Gulvel kadha during menstruation is very beneficial. it also relieves the problem of acidity.
Vegetable Recipe of Guduchi leaves
First, wash and finely chop the leaves. Then chop the onion and fry in oil till golden. Add chopped garlic. Then return the chopped leaves of Guduchi to it. Then add red chili powder and salt to taste and cook on steam.
Wash the freshly procured stalks of Guduchi. Remove the skin of the stalk. Crush stalk coarsely. Take 1 part Guduchi (10 gram) and add 16 times of water (160ml). This mixture should be boiled until remains to ¼ (40ml).
1 thought on “GUDUCHI / GILOY KADHA – A NATURAL AMBROSIA”
Pingback: गुळवेल सेवनाचे प्रकार - www.harshalnemade.com